Saturday, August 16, 2008

Misinformation

What are "professional" gaming sites doing nowadays, eh? Gamespot, 1up, etc. hardly have any info on Revelations:Persona (P1), and what little they have is inaccurate.

Anyhow, flu: 9,001. Me: 7,000. The battle has been intense but I am far away from being the victor. More importantly, the flu has a point score "Over 9,000!". At least my bases still belong to me.

There's been a rumour since march that Revelations: Persona is coming to PSP, and someone [ link ] assumed that it would be properly translated to English if it does come over. I say... not bloody likely. At the Atlus Panel, they explictly said that they don't want to translated "old" games (form the PS1 era, which means everything before P3), and they haven't eeven translated Innocent Sin (that's being done by Gemini/Tom, as I mentioned in a previous blog). So at best they'll republishing the pre-existing PS1 title, with its missing Snow Queen storyline.

Assuming that I don't die first, I'm going to upgrade my vid. cap. rig and do some more P1 gameplay vids, based on various requests. However,I've also got this real-world problem of being near-broke and stuff, so I have to work on hat until I fix it... for the week, though, I did actually gain a bit of revenue... spent more in food alone, but, it's a start (the balance comes from the part-time job that I did recently... said job also helped weaken my immune system, but I'd have to say that the nail in my coffin was my own self-neglect, and I'll have to be more careful in the future).

I haven't been sick like this in at least 3 years. I guess I took it for granted and stopped paying suck close attention. I mean, I actually thought to myself "I'm going to get sick if I keep this up...", but I guess aprtly I wanted a vacation and being sick is a way to get it. Normally, people don't think of unconscious motivations like that, but I'm goot at reflective introspection. I know exactly what my weaknesses are... but perhaps it is time I focus on, and build, my strengths.

So, one of my strengths is getting things done. Not only with computers, in general. And I've decided that what I want to do is make a small adventure game, but with a sci-fi edge to it, so I can have an excuse to use some sort of "plasma laser" weapon... I'm sure the better name for it would be charged-gel-low-velocity-missle-launcher, based on how slow "lasers" move in most sci-fi thingies... I mean, peopel dodge them in realtime, and shit... but I'm setting my thing underwater, and using ballistic weapons just seem to me to be a tad less than wise, when a shot in the hull means almost certain death for everyone.

*cough, cough* no, I'm not hinting at anything, I'm actually coughing. It is annoying.

[I stopped here to go an sleep, or something. As I mentioned earlier, I'm really sick.]

No comments: