Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Little Bitsy Update

Me: 8,905. Flu: 10,240.

So, I've still got a point level below 9,000.

I'd like to rant that all of these attempts to "enforce copyright", don't actually enforce copyright at all, and they just serve to piss off fans... who would have been customers in the past but might not be in the future due to the self-loathing way in which these companies are behaving. I mean, even when it comes to trademarks, I don't think Spam's sales have been hurt by the fact that it is now known as unsolicited mail... but I could be wrong, and I could be harassed, if not sued, by the owners of the Spam trademark, just for mentioning that name... but if I had that company, I'd "roll with the punches" and just promote my product as "better than the competition, tastier than unsolicited email", or something like that.

See, and that's an idea that just came thru a few seconds of thinking. Instead of harassing fans, companies should be pressuring their marketing departments to actually push their products. And rather than harassing me about putting up the Odin Sphere intro/idle sequence, Atlus should perhaps be working on Odin Sphere 2, or a spin-off anime series (they could just collect the cutscenes, really), or hiring some of their fans, or getting a contract with Gemini to officially mass-produce an Innocent Sin translation.

Yeah, instead of trying to control what I do with a product that I bought, with my hard-earned money, why don't you just give me more products to buy?

The answer, of course, is that companies, esp. Atlus US, are filled by mediocre idiots. I somehow think that the real reason Atlus Japan doesn't release most stuff in English is because they think that the majority of the world, esp. English speakers, are idiots. Sorta like the attitude that Dexter has in Dexters' Laboratory (you know, the cartoon network comedy series).

Anyhow, instead of ranting about this, I'm going to go and get some vitamins and stuff to help me get better. Although, I picked a weird day because it is rainy and overcast... most Bajans are afraid of the rain... me, I rather like it, but it would be bad to get soaked whilst already having respiratory problems, wouldn't it?

Umbrellas are useful in high wind... and I don't have a raincoat anymore (I wonder what happened there... I guess I must have outgrown them, haven't used a raincoat in eons). Of course, I could wear my water-resistant jacket or something... but if I really wanted to go out, I wouldn't be blogging.

Nope, right now, I want to answer a question posted on one of my youtube vids, "Revelations: Persona - Beginning, Philemon - Part 2/2", which, who knows? I might soon get harassed for, which would just piss me off me. Really, I'm between two minds as to what to do about it. The "boiling frog" way would be to just ignore, it, go back to sleep, and keep up with the channel since it is sorta fun to get feedback and stuff... but in the meantime, YouTube and Atlus are getting richer, I'm still majoring in minors by keeping up a hobby which has no monetization value, whilst I need to fund some major projects and I don't have any momentum going there.

So, I'm gonna view this whole things as a Tower, and rather than getting eaten by the Moon, and oppressed by Materialism(Devil), I'm gonna move fowards and do something different. Of course, I'm not sure if anyone will read this, since Google now owns both blogger (where this blog is hosted) and youtube (where my vids are hosted). So they might censor everything, or even delete me from the Internet, for daring to have a contrary opinion.

Realistically, they probably don't know I exist... my channel is small (less than 1,000 subscribers) and the notice I got was sent by an automatic system... so I'm very much "under the radar", or hiding in plain sight.

Well, anyhow, about emulators: Sony should, similarly, have contracted Bleem or something, and promote development on their PS1 platform, at least... rather than discontinuing Yaroze, move it to PS1-based and expand it... but, they'd rather see people develop for XBLA or Wii, or even cellphones, I guess.

I will continue this entry in my new blog, http://bajan13k.livejournal.com/ which, to my knowledge, has not been absorbed into the Goggle Collective.

No comments: